Teen Counseling in Memphis, TN
Has your teenager been depressed, anxious, self-conscious, or simply not himself/herself? Today’s teens face pressures from many sources, including peers, social media, organizations, colleges and more. Dealing with these pressures can feel overwhelming at times. Teenagers can learn how to handle these challenging life transitions through teen counseling. MHR Memphis offers evidence-based teen counseling in Memphis, TN, and we work with many insurance providers. Contact our office at (901) 682-6136 to learn more.
An Overview of Teen Counseling in Memphis, TN
How does teen counseling work? Is teen counseling right for my child? These are just some questions we hear from parents here at MHR Memphis. Teen counseling is a personalized process designed to identify and overcome personal issues in a teen’s life. These range from peer pressure to cyberbullying to body dysmorphia and countless other circumstances. A teen counselor will help your child understand his or her thoughts and emotions to encourage a healthy, productive life.
Here are some goals of teen counseling in Memphis, TN:
- Identify the Root Cause of Personal Issues, Such as Anxiety, Depression and Academic Struggles
- Use Personalized Solutions to Boost Self-Esteem, Improve Self-Image, Reverse Negative Thoughts, Overcome Past Experiences, and Stand up against Peer Pressure
- Build Communication Skills for the Teen and the Family as a Whole
- Tackle Modern-Day Dilemmas, Like Social Media Addiction and ADHD
- Work with a Licensed Teen Counselor in Memphis, TN
- Sort through Emotions, Thoughts and Feelings That Are Difficult to Understand
If you are interested in teen counseling in Memphis, TN, contact our office at (901) 682-6136. We look forward to working with your family.
Family Counseling Available to Improve Your Relationships
Teen counseling may be set up as individual counseling, family counseling, or a combination of the two. Some teens thrive in individual counseling because they do not feel comfortable discussing their issues with the family. However, family counseling can help all members of the family communicate better with one another and understand each other’s perspectives. When you call our office about teen counseling in Memphis, TN, we will help you decide which setup is right for you.