Mid-South Professional Counseling is the routine outpatient line of Mental Health Resources. We strive to offer high quality, professional service. We are invested in therapy approaches that are well researched and evidence based.
Because research results are consistently clear that the quality of the relationship with your therapist is the greatest predictor of a positive outcome, our therapists encourage ongoing feedback as to how you feel about the quality of your therapy and the therapy relationship. We pride ourselves in welcoming persons of all backgrounds, lifestyles, and belief systems.
At Mid-South Professional Counseling, we believe in keeping your sessions focused on your needs and goals, working with you based on your personal worldview and values. We understand it is difficult to take the first step in scheduling a therapy appointment, and we appreciate your confidence in taking that step with us.
We are called “Mid-South” Counseling for a reason in that we plan to offer services not only in the Memphis city limits. We have plans to expand to Collierville, Southaven, Cordova, Germantown, and other surrounding communities to provide a convenient location for anyone in the surrounding metro area. We currently offer individual and couples therapy with plans to expand into family and adolescent therapy services.
Counseling and Therapy Services Include:
- Depression Counseling
- Marriage Counseling and Couples Counseling
- Anxiety Counseling, Stress Management and Trauma Counseling
- Addiction Treatment and Addiction Counseling
- Insomnia Therapy (CBT-I)
- Grief Counseling
- LGBTQQI Concerns (Issues related or non-related to orientation)
- Families of LGBTQQI (grief, acceptance, non-acceptance, fears, reconciling the relationship)
- Chronic Pain Management
- Counseling for Work and Career issues
- Unresolved Childhood Issues
- Relationship Crisis (separation, divorce, coping with new custody arrangements, parenting, target of bullying, friendship issues, etc.)
- Unhealthy Behaviors (smoking, difficulty following weight management plans, lack of physical activity, etc.)
- Religious Orientation Issues (loss of former beliefs, reaction of loved ones to modifying beliefs, social discrimination)